Australian Labour Market Report for August due today - preview
I posted the survey expectations etc. here earlier: Economic data due from Asia today - China & Australia the focus
To save you a click:
- Employment Change expected +20.0K, prior +27.9K
- Unemployment Rate expected 5.6%, prior 5.6%
- Full Time Employment Change, prior was -20.3K
- Part Time Employment Change, prior was +48.2K
- Participation Rate expected 65.1%, prior was 65.1%
This via ANZ:
We expect another solid rise of 20k jobs in August in after the 28k rise in July.
- Business conditions remain high and the ongoing strength in job ads suggest that the labour market should continue to improve, albeit gradually.
- We expect the unemployment rate to remain stable at 5.6%.
And, this from CBA:
The pace of jobs growth has accelerated over the year and the participation rate has risen which suggests that people are more confident about conditions in the jobs market.
- We are expecting another solid 20k increase in the month.
- This month's jobs report will also include the quarterly measure of underemployment. Given the pace of employment growth we would expect to see the underemployment rate come down a little.