CFTC Commitments of Traders: Cable longs cut back
CFTC Commitments of Traders highlights for the week ending Oct 17, 2017:
- EUR long 90K vs 98K long last week.
- GBP long 5K vs 15K long last week.
- JPY short 101K vs 101K short last week.
- CHF short 5K vs 4.3K short last week.
- CAD long 75K vs 76K long last week
- AUD long 62k vs 69K last week.
- NZD long 7K vs 6K long last week.
- Last week's data
There wasn't much in terms of position changes but looking at the market moves, those extremes in EUR and CAD are looking awfully vulnerable. At the very least, I can see euro longs cutting after the ECB on a 'sell the fact' kinda trade.