ECB's Coeure: Economy is resilient to global uncertainty
ECB executive board member Benoit Coeure
- Preserving monetary support is still necessary
- Urges Greece to complete milestones
- There are positive signs coming out of Greece
- Planning discussions on the sustainability of Greek debt
He's speaking in Bratislava at a Eurogroup meeting.
It's comment city as both EU's Moscovici and Dijsselbloem are speaking also.
- Greece must complete milestones (spot the key word at this meeting) before funds can be given
- Must remain vigilant on Prtugal's fiscal situation
- Expects a draft budget from Spain
- Economic recovery is progressing and growth is stronger
- Prior actions still pending for Greece, urges Greece to speed up implementation
- Spain and Portuguese sanctions must continue
- Stability pact must be more understandable
The Eurogroup powered 2500 houses in Bratislava purely on the hot air from the meeting.