Wholesale trade sales -1.0% versus -0.3% expected
- The Canada manufacturing sales for November came in weaker than expected at -1.4% versus -1.0% expected.
- Wholesale trade sales also were weaker and -1.0% versus -0.3% expected.
- The prior month for wholesale trade sales was revised lower to +0.7% versus 1.0% previously reported. Manufacturing sales fell -0.1% last month (unrevised)
- The wholesale sales drop was the biggest one-month decline since March 2016
- the factory sales fall was the largest since January 2018