March 2016 ECB governing council meeting interest rate decision 10 March 2016
- Cuts main refi rate to 0.0% vs 0.05% exp. Prior main refi rate 0.05%
- Cuts deposit rate to -0.40% vs 0.40% exp. Prior deposit rate -0.30%
- Marginal lending rate cut to 0.25% vs 0.30% exp. Prior 0.30%
- 4 new TLTRO's announced (to be launched in June)
- QE raised to €80bn extra to start in April
- Investment grade bonds by non-bank corporations will be included in the QE shopping list
They've thrown the kitchen sink at it.