- 2023 forecast 3.5% vs 2.1% in March
- 2024 forecast 2.1% vs 1.9% in March
- 2.2% in 2022
- 2.8% in 2023
- 2.3% in 2024
- 2022: 2.8% vs 3.7% in March
- 2023: 2.7% vs 2.8% in March
- 2024: 2.1% vs 1.6% in March
Inflation is projected to be slightly above target in 2024 at the end of the forecast period. The statement indicates the ECB will stick to gradual hikes for longer than the market believes.
The risk is that falling growth tanks demand. Those GDP forecasts look awfully rosy to me.
The forecasts were initially released with the ECB statement, which is a change in tactics. Normally they're first released during the press conference.