Are hedge fund managers rats? Maybe they should be.
An interesting article … and I wonder if its true. If it is … interesting. If it isn’t – its hilarious!
- The training of laboratory rats to trade in foreign exchange and commodity futures markets.
- Rats were trained to press a red or green button to give buy or sell signals, after listening to ticker tape movements represented as sounds.
- If they called the market right they were fed, if they called it wrong they got a small electric shock.
- Male and female rats performed equally well.
- The second generation of rattraders, cross-bred from the best performers in the first generation, appeared to have even better performance, although this is a preliminary result, according to the text.
- Marcovici says the rats “outperformed some of the world’s leading human fund managers.”
- Marcovici’s plan, he writes, is to breed enough of them to set up a hedge fund.
OK ForexLive traders – we are going to need a name for this hedge fund … over to you!