Details of the December 2014 UK labour market report 21 January 2015
- Correction Reuters is wrong it’s -29.7k
- Prior -26.9k. Revised to -29.6k
- November ILO unemployment rate 5.8% vs 5.9% exp. Prior 6.0%
- Average weekly earnings 3m y/y 1.7% vs 1.7% exp. Prior 1.4%
- Ex-bonuses 1.8% vs 1.9% exp. Prior 1.6%
More scrutiny will be placed on the minutes with that change to 9-0 on unchanged. Wages continue to rise which is good news.
Looking at the details, pay in the private sector led the way jumping 2.1% vs 1.7% in Oct.
UK labour market report details 21 01 2015
No doubt the line that pay is above inflation will be trotted out by the incumbent government in campaign speeches but we know what a crock of crap that is.
UK labour market report wages 21 01 2015
UK labour market report claimant count & unemployment rate 21 01 2015