European stocks end with gains on the day. Yields mixed.
Off to a positive start for the week.The European stocks are ending the session with gains.
- German DAX of 0.1%
- France's CAC of 0.2%
- UK's FTSE bucked the trend and is ending lower by -0.3%
- Spain's Ibex is up 0.8%
- Italy's FTSE MIB is up 0.59%
- Portugal's PSI 20 is up 0.96%
- Germany 0.564%, -0.04 BP
- France 0.841%, unchanged
- UK 1.354%, up 1.7 basis points
- Spain 1.390%, -5.3 basis points
- Italy 1.918%, -4.4 basis points
- Portugal 1.932%, -4.7 basis points
In other markets:
- Spot gold is up $1 or 0.08%
- WTI crude oil futures are up $.50 or 0.79% at $63.87
- US major indices are higher. S&P is up 6.9 points or 0.25% at 2817.15. NASDAQ is up 33.60 points or 0.46% at 7370.58. Dow is up 15.5 points or 0.06% at 26088
- US treasury yields are mostly lower. two-year 2.065%, unchanged. five-year 2.437%, -1.1 basis points. 10 year 2.637%, -2.2 basis points. 30 year 2.905%, -2.7 basis points
- Bitcoin on Bitstamp is trading down $700 at $10,661.
In the forex market, the GBP has been running up in the NY morning session and is the strongest currency of the day as London traders look to exit. The JPY remains the weakest in the snapshot. The USD was weaker in the NA morning session but is seeing a rebound ahead of the Senate vote to end the shutdown. The suggestions are optimistic according to Senate spokespersons.