Here is what’s on the economic calendar in Asia today
Not much to here to shove around FX rates upon release
2350 GMT Japan international securities flows for the week
0100 GMT New Zealand - ANZ Commodity Price index for May
- prior -1.1% m/m
- ANZ's indicator of price trends for New Zealand's 17 main commodity exports
0130 GMT Australia trade balance for April
- expected surplus of AUD 7.5bn, prior was a surplus of AUD 10.6bn
- imports are expected to slow due to decreased demand domestically
- exports are likely to be down but nevertheless are still a bright point for the Australian economy
0130 GMT Australia -
preliminary retail sales data for April
- The Australian Bureau of Statistics is releasing preliminary estimates for some data
- Today we get the final for retail sales in April. (prelim is here)
- Preliminary figures are based on data covering around 80% of the sector. And are, of course, subject to revision as more information comes in later.
- The ABS has moved to releasing preliminary retail sales estimates as part of an effort to provide more timely information on the impacts of the Coronavirus.