Mitch McConnell: At last, we have a deal
Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, speaks
- Measures will send direct cheques to households
- Will deliver historic relief to mainstream America
- Will pass legislation "later today"
Again, reaching a bipartisan agreement on the matter is great but it had to be done. This is something that the market expects and so far, the reaction in US futures have been far from convincing in my view.
Meanwhile, we're also hearing from Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer:
- Not a moment of celebration, but of necessity
- Bill provides over $130 billion in aid to hospitals
- Bill has strict oversight of loans made to companies
- Bill includes $150 billion in aid to state and local governments