On the calendar - economic data due from Asia today
At 9.30am (Tokyo time, which is 0030GMT) it's the alphabet soup meeting:
This is a regular thing, I expect the usual jawboning commentary which might give yen market a wiggle. Still no cash splashed on intervention yet.
If you need a reminder, those acronyms ...
- Ministry of Finance
- Bank of Japan
- Financial Services Agency
2305GMT - GfK UK Consumer Confidence, this is the post-Brexit vote measure (the previous survey was back in the dark days pre-Brexit vote)
2350GMT - Current account data from Japan
- BoP Current Account Balance for May, expected ¥ 1751.2B, prior ¥ 1878.5B
- BoP Current Account, Adjusted: expected ¥ 1515.4B, prior ¥ 1625.8B
- Trade Balance BoP Basis: expected ¥ 56.0B, prior ¥ 697.1B
- Bank Lending excluding trusts June, y/y: expected 2.2%, prior 2.2%
- Bank Lending including trusts y/y: prior 2.2%
0000GMT - Japan -
- Labor Cash earnings for May y/y: expected is 0.5% prior was 0.3%
- Real cash earnings, prior 0.6%
Its that meeting that will be the focus.