Richmond Fed manufacturing index for January 14 vs 19 expected
Prior month at 20
The Richmond Fed manufacturing index for the month of January came in a 14 versus 19 expected.
- Shipments come in at 15 versus 24 in December
- New orders 16 verses 16 last month
- Backlog of orders 5 versus -4 last month
- Employment 10 verses 20 last month
- Capacity utilization 13 versus 16 last month
- Wages 24 versus 22 last month
- Prices paid 1.79% annualized versus 1.79% last month
- Prices received 1.18% annualized versus 1.27% last month
The Richmond Fed covers activity in the 5th Federal Reserve district which includes Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and most of West Virginia.
A reading above 0 indicates expansion, while a reading below 0 is contraction. The value this month is the lowest since October 2017 and off the 2017 spike high of 30.