Trump comments on bipartisan talks on tax reform, healthcare, DACA
Meeting with 13 members of house. 8 Democrats. 5 GOPThe President is making comments before meeting with 13 members of congress of which 8 are Democrats and 5 are Republicans.
Below are some comments:
- We should be able to come together on tax reform that is pro-jobs, pro-family, pro-American
- He wants to lower US corporate tax rate and bring back trillions from overseas
- He will also discuss healthcare with lawmakers
- Wants bipartisan deal on DACA program shielding immigrants brought to US as children
- Wealthy would not get tax cut under his plan that would stay about where they are now
- On taxes on wealthy: "if they have to go higher, they'll go higher"