The continuing claims come in at 1886K vs 1900K estimate
The initial jobless claims for the current week came in at 225K vs 236K
- Cont. Claims came in t 1886K vs 1900K estimate. The prior month was revised to 1913 vs 1908K last week.
- The 4-week average for jobless claimes came in at 234.75K va 241.50
- Claims taking procedures continue to be disrupted in the Virgin Islands. The claims taking process in Puerto Rico has still not returned to normal.
- The largest increases in initial claims for the week ending December 2 were in California (+18,331), New York (+11,774), Texas (+8,862), Pennsylvania (+7,485), and Georgia (+6,368),
- The largest decreases were in Vermont (- 312), Nebraska (-211), Idaho (-96), and Oklahoma (-59).
Job market is tight.