US initial jobless claims 203K vs. 213K expected
Continuing claims 1707K vs 1720K expected
The US initial jobless claims came in at 203K versus 213K expected. The prior week came in at 213K.
- initial claims is the lowest since December 6, 1969 when it was 202K
- the four-week moving average was 209.5K. Down from 212.25K last week. This is the lowest level for this average since December 6, 1969 when it was 204.5K
- The Continuing claims came in at 1707K vs 1720K expected. Last week, the number was revised to 1710K vs 1708K previously reported.
- The largest increases in initial claims for the week ending August 25 were in New York (+4,853), Michigan (+927), Pennsylvania (+582), Washington (+556), and Oregon (+364),
- The largest decreases were in California (-1,432),
New Jersey (-905), Georgia (-532), Ohio (-365), and North Carolina (-214).