What's on tap for traders next week
FOMC decision. UK election
The big events for the next week include the FOMC rate decision (no change expected - on Wednesday) and the UK election (on Thursday). There is also the ticking clock to the Dec 15 tariff date deadline with China.
- China Trade Balance.
- RBA Gov. Lowe speaks. 5:05 PM ET/2205 GMT
- UK GDP. 4:30 AM ET/0930 GMT
- US CPI, 8:30 AM ET/1330 GMT Est 0.2%
- Core CPI Est 0.2%
- FOMC rate decision. 2 PM ET/1900 GMT. No change estimate
- UK Elections
- SNB rate decision. No change expected. 4 AM ET/0900 GMT.
- ECB rate decsion. 7:45 AM ET/1245 GMT.
- ECB Press Conference. First press conference for Christine Lagarde. 8:30 AM ET/1330 GMT
- BOC Gov Poloz speaks. 12:30 ET/1730 GMT
- US Retail Sale. 8:30 AM ET/1300 GMT. Est 0.4%. Core Retail Sales. Est 0.4%