The major indices are moving closer to the unchanged levels after a hopeful start to the day starts to see an erosion.
A snapshot of the market is showing:
- Dow is up 5.74 points or 0.02% at 31258.88
- S&P is up 8 points or 0.19% at 3908
- Nasdaq is up 33 points or 0.29% at 11411
The highs for the indices came in at:
- Dow 31515.78, up 262.65 points or 0.84%
- S&P 3943.28, up 42.49 points or 1.09%
- Nasdaq 11552.21, up 163.72 points or 1.44%
The Nasdaq index is trading just below its 50% midpoint of the move up from the post pandemic low (in March 2020). That midpoint comes in at 11449.29. The current price is near 11411.