Dow industrial average down -2.03%.
All 3 of the major indices closed down around 2% on the day.
- The Dow, S&P, NASDAQ each had their worst week since October.
- The indices had there worst month since October.
- The NASDAQ post the 3rd straight monthly gain.
- The Dow and S&P closed down for the 1st month of the trading year
the final numbers are showing:
- S&P index -73.17 points or -1.93% at 3714.21. The high price reached 3778.05. The low price extended to 3694.12
- NASDAQ index fell -266.46 points or -2.0% at 13070.65. The high price reached 13322 while the low extended to 12985.05
- Dow industrial average fell -622.78 points or -2.04% to 29980.56. The high price reached 30553.91. The low price extended to 29856.30.
For the week:
- S&P index fell -3.31%
- NASDAQ index fell -3.49%
- Dow industrial average fell -3.26%
For the month:
- S&P index fell -1.11%
- NASDAQ index gained 1.42%
- Dow industrial average fell -2.04%