S&P and Nasdaq closed at records yesterday. Dow lagged
A day after the S&P and Nasdaq closed at record highs (the Dow lagged), the major indices are opening with modest declines.
A snapshot of the major indices is showing:
- S&P, -4.33 points ro -0.13% at 3283.80
- Nasdaq -10.3 points or -0.11% at 9263.63
- Dow is trading unchanged at 28907.25
In other markets:
- Spot gold is trading down $-2.50 or -0.16% at $1545.40
- WTI crude oil futures are trading up $0.36 or 0.62% at $58.44
In the US debt market yields are trading mostly lower:
- 2 year 1.576%, -0.8 basis points
- 5 year 1.629%, -1.9 basis points
- 10 year 1.826%, -1.9 basis points
- 30 year 2.285%, -1.6 basis points
In the forex, the CHF is the strongest after the US added Switzerland to its currency manipulator watchlist (which they deny). The NZD is the weakest.