David Tepper spoke on Bloomberg TV:
- If you don’t stop deflation in the eurozone, things will keep going in the same direction
- ECB should have done QE last year
- Negative interest rates don’t create money or inflation
- US economy is pretty good
- Stocks not at a high multiple
- Wishes he didn’t have any investment in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- on Bill Gross leaving PIMCO “Who cares … what matters is fundamentals”
- Moves in EUR and JPY haven’t been “big moves”
- “Maybe the euro goes to 1.10, that would be a big move
Tepper runs Appaloosa Management. He is the best-paid hedge fund manager in the world, making $3.5 billion last year.
Earlier today, fellow hedge fund giant Ray Dalio was on CNBC: “If I was running monetary policy, I would wait to see for the whites of the eyes of inflation,” he said.