Highlights of the Beige Book
- Economic activity expanded across all 12 districts in June with pace ranging from slight to moderate
- Most districts expect modest to moderate economic gains
- Inflation described as modest in most districts. A few said price pressures eased slightly
- Consumer spending 'appears to be rising' in most districts. Half reported declines in auto sales
- Data collected through June 30
This is mostly good news. It's getting easer and easier to believe that some kind of US growth and inflation pickup is truly coming.