Fed's Bullard coming up next. Here's what he said recently
Bullard to speak in Nashville
Here are the headlines from the last time Bullard spoke, on June 29:
- Current level of Fed rates appropriate
- Small effect on inflation if unemployment falls
- Weak inflation data questions rise to 2%
- Low unemployment is probably not an indicator of meaningful higher inflation over the forecast horizon
- Recent inflation data has surprised as the downside
- Calls into question the idea that US inflation is reliably returning toward the target
Hard to imagine anything more dovish than that. He speaks in 5 minutes at 1045 am ET (1445 GMT)
Update: looks like he's late. We'll have the headlines when he speaks.
Update 2: His scheduled time has changed to 11:45 am ET (1545 GMT). I've updated the headline.