Comments from Harker
- Sees inflation rising to 2% target near year end
- US economy "is essentially at normal now"
- Repeats that he sees two more hikes this year
- Forecasts 2.3% GDP growth for 2017
- May jobs report "a good number"
- Believes there is very little slack left in economy
- Unwinding of balance sheet may be slow
We've heard all this before from Harker. No surprise.
"I think the concern over a couple of months of less-than-perfect inflation data is unwarranted," he said.
The Fed's Kaplan is up at the top of the hour.