Responses to the RBA Statement on Monetary Policy
Comments in brief from analysts on the Reserve Bank of Australia
- suspect the economic deterioration this year will cause the Bank to become even more dovish
- eventually cut rates to 1.0 percent by early 2020
JPMorgan analyst Tom Kennedy.
- downgrades in report were bigger than we had expected
- the RBA had a rethink of their expectations of the economy at the start of 2019
- think, it was certainly the housing narrative that pivoted them away from balanced optimistic to balanced negative.
Earlier today on the RBA and AUD:
- RBA Statement on Monetary Policy: RBA lowers its GDP forecasts
- AUD marked lower on the RBA Statement