The latest virus numbers from Florida:
- 12,624 cases yesterday (7347 last Tuesday)
- Total cases 291,629 vs 282,435 yesterday
- Residents hospitalized 18,881 vs 18,498 yesterday
- Median age 41 vs 41 yesterday
- Deaths +132 vs +35 yesterday (one-day record)
- Number of people tested 67,160 vs 112,264 yesterday (48,503 last Tuesday)
- Positivity 15.02% vs 11.51% yesterday (16.24% last Tuesday)
- Full report
The headline is misleading because most of the details are worrisome. The number of people tested was 67% lower and cases fell only 32%. The deaths were also at a record and the median age was at a multi-week high of 41 for the second day in a row.
The kneejerk on this data has been better for risk trades but I would be careful with that.