Both official and private (Caixin / Markit) for February are due this week.
Bloomberg keep a track of five earlier indicators, three of the five are showing improvement, two are not.
Standard Chartered Plc's Small and Medium Enterprise Confidence Index
- February's result was in at 54.5 ,from 53.8 in January
Survey by the China Economic Panel (combined project of the Centre for European Economic
Research in Mannheim, Germany, and Fudan University in Shanghai)
- 12 month expectations rose to 14.7 points in February, from 1.1 points in January.
S&P Global Platts China Steel Sentiment Index (survey of 75 to 90 China-based market participants including traders and steel mills)
- 43.73 in February, from 21.95 in January
There were a couple of lower readings, though:
Sales managers index (from London-based World Economics Ltd.)
- February 51.9, from January's 33 month high of 52.5
China Satellite Manufacturing Index (tracks commercial satellite imagery across thousands of industrial sites)
- 51.6 in February, from 51.8 in January
Official manufacturing and non-manufacturing PMIs kick off at 0100 GMT on Wednesday February 28.
Caixin PMIs follow at 0145 GMT on
- March 1 (manufacturing)
- and March 5 (non-manufacturing)