Comments from the IMF:
- Sees global growth around 3.75% this year, similar to January forecast
- Sees 4.0% growth in 2015 vs 3.9% prior forecast
- A drift lower in European inflation expectations could raise deflation worries
- Critical for advanced economies to avoid premature withdrawal of monetary accommodation, including the US
- More monetary easing needed in eurozone
- Japan should ease further if progress on inflation target stalls
For a time, it looked as though the IMF would back away from calling for European action but they’re thrown themselves back in the mix. Overall, it’s not a big surprise to see them calling for more action, that’s been their MO for the past few years.