January 2017 US personal income spending and PCE data report 1 March 2017
- Prior 1.6%
- 0.4% vs 0.5% exp m/m. Prior 0.2%
- Core PCE 1.7% vs 1.7% exp y/y. Prior 1.7%
- 0.3% vs 0.2% exp m/m. Prior 0.1%
- Personal income 0.4% vs 0.3% exp m/m. Prior 0.3%
- Spending 0.2% vs 0.3% exp m/m. Prior 0.5%
- Real spending -0.3% vs 0.3% prior
Ignore the PCE miss of expectations as it's still 3 ticks up on last month. The core will keep inflation watchers feet on the ground as it stays at 1.7%.
Not the greatest spending and income numbers either.
It looks like the dollar is running with the PCE number more than anything else.
US PCE & core y/y