The prior estimate was 0.3%. Annualized QoQ 2.5% vs. 1.5% estimate.
The Japan GDP for the 3Q (final revision) came in better than expectation.
- GDP 3Q final comes in better and 0.6% versus 0.4% estimate. The last estimate was at 0.3%
- GDP annualized SA QoQ 2.5% vs 1.5% estimate. Higher than the prior estimate of 1.4%
- GDP nominal SA QoQ 0.8% versus 0.7% estimate
- GDP deflator YoY 0.1% versus 0.1% estimate
- GDP private consumption QoQ -0.5%, unchange from the prior estimate
- GDP Business spending QoQ 1.1% versus 0.4%
- The 2.5% annualized is lower than the 2.9% in 2Q
Overall much better number thanks to an increase in business spending. Private consumption remained negative. The GDP deflator was also low and 0.1%.
The USDJPY has had a limited move after the data. It remains near the highs but has topside resistance at the 113.24-32 area to get through. So far, that area is stalling the rally today.