NZD traders - heads up for NZ Q4 2017 GDP due at 2145GMT
Economic growth data from New Zealand for the final quarter of 2017
- Coming up at 2145 GMT
- expected is +0.8% q/q, prior +0.6%
- expected is +3.1% y/y, prior +2.7%
I posted a preview (via NAB) up during Asia yesterday, here:
Final preview here now, this via Westpac (bolding mine):
- We expect a 0.6% rise in the production measure of GDP. That compares to an average growth rate of 0.8% over the previous three quarters of 2017. With population growth still running strong at about 0.5% a quarter, this would mark the second quarter when growth has been barely above zero in per capita terms.
- There are no obvious one-off factors driving the quarterly result, just modest growth across a range of sectors. Retail and wholesale turnover were relatively brisk, but the services sectors were generally subdued, milk production fell, and the construction sector faced constraints on growth.
- For the year as a whole, we expect the growth rate to slow to 2.9%, compared to a peak of 4% growth in 2016.