UK PM spokesman says there are still big issues to be resolved in Brexit negotiations
Comments by UK PM spokesman James Slack
- Irish backstop is one of those issues
- But there are others, including geographical indicators
- There have been a series of meetings in recent weeks when ministers receive updates
- Today's meeting will be one of those meetings where May updates ministers
- Brexit talks will be on Tuesday Cabinet agenda
Again, goes with the tone that we have been seeing today that there is some downplaying of the optimism seen in a Brexit deal. Not much else to note of except for timings of talks. May will be addressing parliament members today on Brexit updates and there will be a discussion next week as well on that.