US November non-farm payroll +155K vs 198K expected
Highlights of the November US non farm payroll
- prior month revised to 237k vs 250K previously reported
- Private payrolls 161K versus 251K last month and 198K expected
- Unemployment rate 3.7% vs 3.7% expected
- Prior unemployment rate 3.7% as expected
- Participation rate 62.9% versus 62.9% expected
- Two month net revision -12 K
- average hourly earnings +0.2% versus +0.3% month on month
- average hourly earnings year on year 3.1% versus 3.1% expected
- Average weekly hours 34.4 versus 34.5 expected
- U6 underemployment rate 7.6% versus 7.4%
The numbers were on the light side with the Non farm payroll jobs lower and the revisions slightly lower as well. Hourly earnings were on the light side at +0.2% MoM but the YoY came in as expected at 3.1% (same as last month).
The participation rate remained steady at 62.9. Nothing much there. The unemployment rate was also steady.
The dollar moved lower marginally with the EURUSD moving to 1.1414 (above 1.1400) but has come off a bit (back below 1.1400).
The USDJPY moved to a low of 112.61 from 112.82, but is back at 112.79 area (near unchanged).
The Dow is back to near unchanged
The S&P and Nasdaq are also back near unchanged levels. The report may lead to a more wait-and-see Fed.