German Dax up 2.73%. France's CAC up 1.96%. UK's FTSE 100 up 2.0%
The major European stock indices are closing the day with gains, but well off session highs.
The provisional closes are showing:
- German DAX, +2.73%
- France's CAC, +1.96%
- UK's FTSE 100, +2.0%
- Spain's Ibex, +3.6%
- Italy's FTSE MIB, +2.3%
Although the gains are healthy, the indices are trading closer to lows at the end of the day. The intraday high percentages reached:
- German DAX, +5.11%
- France CAC, +4.18%
- UK's FTSE 100, +3.54%
- Spain's Ibex, +4.02%
- Italy's FTSE MIB, +4.98%.
In the European debt market, the benchmark 10 year yields pushed sharply higher with the German DAX yield up 11.2% and France's yield up 10.5%. Below are the current yields along with the relevant changes and highs and lows for the day:
In other markets as European traders look to exit for the day a snapshot is showing:
- S&P index up 65 points or 2.45% at 2728.68. The high reached 2756.89. The low extended to 2688.03
- NASDAQ index up 135 points or 1.7% at 8047.53. The hi reached 8146.43. The low extended to 7931.49
- Dow is up 666 points or 2.94% at 23348. The hi reached 23617. The low extended to 22950.
- 2 year yields are up 2.36 basis points at 0.2858%
- 10 year yields are up 9.8 basis points at 0.767%. The treasury will auction off 10 year notes at 1 PM ET
- 30 year yields are up 7.5% at 1.353%
- spot gold is trading down $-3.70 or -0.23% at 1657.23
- WTI crude oil futures are trading up $0.14 or 0.54% at $26.22
In the forex market, the AUD remains the strongest of the major currencies. The USD and JPY remained the weakest. CLICK here
for the rankings at the start of the NA session.