Comments made in interview with Market News International.
- Wild expectations about ECB rate cut show some people have lost direction, ECB has one needle in compass
- Certain number of non-standard measure options on table
- Will do what is needed to ensure markets function well
- ECB working assumption on Greek default clear, unchanged
- Acting on July 21 plan first step to restore confidence
- Europe is showing it is able to deliver on its’ promises
- Markets will regain their equilibrium regarding Europe
The Mersh comments, dismissing ECB rate cut expectations, have lent the single currency some support. We’re back up at 1.3405.