ICYM - Three BoE monetary policy makers warn of several interest rate rises
Monetary Policy Committee members warning of rate hikes to come.
- deputy governor, Ben Broadbent
- chief economist, Andy Haldane
- external member of the MPC Michael Saunders
Justin had comments from some of them overnight:
- BOE's Broadbent: Can't say which way rates will go if no-deal Brexit happens
- BOE's Saunders: Monetary policy implications from no-deal Brexit could go either way
- BOE's Vlieghe: Data since May has been disappointing, downside risks have intensified
- BOE's Saunders: UK could see more rate hikes if Brexit is smooth
Note also in the bullets above not all members are on board (Vlieghe).