These via the Australian press (Australian Financial Review, link here for more)
Craig James, senior economist at CommSec
- "The good news keeps on flowing"
- "More people are looking for work. More people are finding work."
- "... the NSW job market could be considered at full employment now with a jobless rate of 4.6 per cent."
Stephen Walters, chief economist at the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- "The improvement in the labour market has been sustained now for the best part of a year, so this is no flash-in-the-pan"
- "Indeed, the sustained lift in employment is matched by improving business investment intentions and higher business confidence, so the trends all seem consistent.
- The downside of this, though, is that firmer economic activity solidifies the expectation that interest rates will be rising next year."
(Note - Australian Financial Review may be gated but give the link a try anyway)