Forex futures market positioning data as of the close of business on Tuesday February 14, 2017
- EUR short 47K vs 45K short last week. Shorts increased by 2K
- GBP short 66K vs 64K short last week. Shorts increased by 2K
- JPY short 51K vs 55K short last week. Shorts trimmed by 4K
- CHF short 11K vs 14K short last week. Shorts trimmed by 3K
- CAD long 19K vs 8K long. Longs increased by 11K
- AUD long 24K vs 17K long. Longs increased by 7K
- NZD long 3K vs long 1K last week. Longs increased by 2K
The CAD longs increased in the current week by 11K. That represented the largest speculative position change in the current trading week (as of the close of business on Feb 14th).
Short positions in the EUR, GBP and JPY increased but only may small amounts. The GBP short of 66K is the largest speculative position of the majors this week (short 66K).