ForexLive Asia FX news wrap: AUD, NZD slip a little, USD up tiny
Forex news for Asia trading Wednesday 3 January 2018
- North Korean leader orders to open border hotline between two Koreas
- BlackRock says Chinese authorities would accept 2018 GDP growth under 6.5%
- Rumours South Korea considering measures to combat Won strength
- Bitcoin comments (overnight) and rumours (also overnight) - Russian crypto currency
- AUD and NZD have a not so big Wednesday (so far at least)
- China's press weighs in on Bitcoin - talking it down
- Lloyds on EUR/USD - outlook, support, resistance
- The Bitcoin effect in action - burger company stock soars on blockchain initiative
- FX option expiries for the 10am (New York time) cut on Wednesday 3 January 2018
- PBOC sets USD/CNY reference rate for today at 6.4920 (vs. yesterday at 6.5079)
- OK, the question is: Trump or Little Rocket man - Who has the bigger nuclear button?
- Here's another central bank expected to hike 3 times this year (yuan-a guess who?)
- Its Nonfarm Payroll day on Friday and never too early for a preview!
- The Fed's 2018 Federal Open Market Committee voters - the hawks, the doves
- China press on PBOC to allow yuan to fall in 2018
- Soc Gen says EUR/USD is on its way to 1.25 (by mid year)
- Preview of the FOMC December meeting minutes due Wednesday
- Trade ideas thread - Wednesday 3 January 2018
- Here is an important date to mark in your diary ICYMI - Italian election day confirmed
- Economic calendar due from Asia today .... ummmm .... its bare!
- Nasdaq 7K. New record close. S&P also closes at a record.
- ForexLive Americas FX news wrap: US dollar stumbles, gold shines
Asia 2018 trading continued its slow opening to the year with a bare economic calendar for the majors and little movement across currencies.
AUD/USD and NZD/USD slid a little further in Asia today after their peaks in Europe/UK time on Tuesday. The moves were not large but were more than elsewhere. AUD traded circa 0.7805 while the kiwi tested 0.7075. Bith have recovered just a few points since as I update. USD/CAD was along for the ride, up to above 1.2525 at one stage.
There was a complete absence of dara and very little in the way of fresh news.
EUR/USD is barely changed, EUR just a very small weaker on the session. USD/CHF, too - little change. Cable has fared better, its on its session high circa 1.3600 and just over as I update after a small range too.
Gold is lower, BTC is higher.
USD/JPY is more or less flat on the session.