Key events/releases in the new trading week
Of course trade news can happen at any time
The key events and releases in the new week will include news on any of the trade relationships with the US including US and Canada, US and China, and US and the EU. News can happen at any time. Risk event.
Other events/releases in the current week:
- US Empire Manufacturing Index, 8:30 AM ET/1230 GMT, 23.6 est. vs 25.6 last
- RBA Monetary Policy meeting minutes. 9:30 PM ET/0130 GMT.
- ECB Pres. Draghi speaks. 3:15 AM ET/0715 GMT. He was more upbeat than the markets expectations after the ECB decision last week
- BOJ monetary policy statement. Decision will be announced when they release it. They tweaked bond buying last month
- UK CPI, 4:30 AM ET/0830 GMT. 2.4% expected vs 2.5% last month. BOEs Carney is worried a no-Brexit would push down the GBP and raise inflation pressures that would hurt the economy
- ECB Pres Draghi speaks for the 2nd time in the week and third time in a week. 9 AM ET/1300 GMT. Market, probably had enough of what Draghi has to say by then
- US crude oil inventories. 10:30 AM ET/1430 GMT. Not many releases in the US this week
- NZD GDP QoQ, 6:45 PM ET/2230 GMT, Although released on Wednesday in US and UK, it is Thursday morning in NZD. 0.8% est vs 0.5% last
- SNB rate decision. 3:30 AM ET/0730 GMT. The rate has been at 0.75% since January 2015 and the expectations is it remains at 0.75%. What is said about the currency?
- UK retail sales, 4:30 AM ET/0830GMT, Est. -0.1% vs +0.7% last.
- US Philly Fed manufacturing index, 8:30 AM ET/1230 GMT. 15.0 est. vs 11.9 last
- Canada CPI August, 8:30 AM ET/1230 GMT. 0.5% last
- Canada retail sales July, 8:30 AM ET/1230 GMT. -0.2% last. Core retail sales, -0.1% last.