I posted on this a few minutes ago:
This was in response to the North Korean nuclear test over the weekend.
The full White House statement :
I mentioned earlier that despite a lot of expectations that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un would not escalate much further, there is little sign of this ... a nuclear test is a big escalation.
Now the US is escalating with this rhetoric ... clearly stating
- "commitment ... using ... nuclear capabilities"
- US President Trump says will use full range of diplomatic, conventional and nuclear capabilities
- JP Morgan on North Korea escalation - levels to watch on yen
- More on that South Korean missile firing "targeting North Korea's nuclear test site
- South Korea (yes, South) fires ballistic missile in test
- UN Security Council will hold an emergency meeting on Monday on North Korea
- China has begun emergency monitoring for radiation along its border with North Korea
- US Def Sec Mattis on North Korea - threatens massive response
- North Korea appears to have tested a nuclear bomb