UK PM spokesman, Max Blain, with comments - via Reuters
- PM's objectives included setting "rules that are right for our situation"
- Britain should be creative in developing its future economic partnership with EU
- PM was clear that EEA-style deal not suitable for Britain after Brexit
- Britain seeking a more ambitious trade deal than Canada-EU deal
- There will be further cabinet discussion on long-term partnership early 2018
- Cabinet was unified behind May's position
- Future of financial services were discussed at cabinet
- Govt confident will get good overall deal on economy
Some comments by UK PM May's spokesman after her discussion with cabinet. Not much change to the Brexit rhetoric - all the huffing and puffing is still at play here. The key focus on Brexit talks now will be negotiations with the EU on trade talks.