Highest since August 2005. Last month 59.8.
The ISM nonmanufacturing composite index comes in better-than-expected at 60.1 versus 58.1.
- Business activity index 62.2 versus 61.3
- prices paid 62.7 versus 66.3
- new orders 62.8 versus 63.0
- employment 57.5 versus 56.8
- ISM index is the highest since August 2005
Better than expected and highest since August 2005. Impressive.
The dollar has moved higher on the report.
The EURUSD is below the 100 hour MA now (MA is at 1.1642). New low for the day.
The USDJPY is trading to new session highs at 114.162. Tests topside trend line (see post here). It needs to break above to solicit more buying now.
The GBPUSD remains above its key 100 day MA at 1.3080 though.
The 10 year yield is back to unchanged on the day at 2.345%