Major indices are lower
The major US stock indices are starting the day with declines:
- S&P is down -2.5 points or -0.09%
- Nasdaq is down -30 points or -0.44%
- Dow Jones industrial average is down -9 points or -0.03%
Apple is leading the way down -2.5% on the day. The Christmas season was not as good as expectations for the Apple 8 and X phones.
US debt market has flattened the yield curve a bit
- two-year 1.9075%, +1.6 basis points
- five-year 2.2508%, unchanged
- 10 year 2.475%, -0.5 basis points
- thirty-year 2.823%, -0.8 basis points
In other markets
- spot gold is trading up $5.50 or 0.43% at $1280.75
- WTI crude oil is up $.24 or 0.41% at $58.71
- CME bitcoin futures are trading up $1335 was 9.44%
The CAD is the strongest and the GBP is the weakest, but the major pairs are all bunched together with little movement.
Looking at the chart below, the USDJPY has only a 11 pip trading range. All the other pairs are trading with low to high trading ranges that are well short of their 22 day average.