The major US indices are opening lower and working on their 4th consecutive day to the downside.. The S&P and NASDAQ are on pace for their 3rd consecutive week of the downside. The NASDAQ and S&P is on pace for their worst week since March 6. The NASDAQ index has had 3 consecutive days with steady declines of -1.14% to -1.17%.
A snapshot of the markets currently shows:
- Dow industrial average down -98.27 points or -0.29% at 34376.57
- S&P index down -20.287 points or -0.48% at 4349.50
- NASDAQ index down -108.18 points or -0.81% at 13208.75
looking at the US debt market, yields are lower, but nearer the highs for the day:
- 2 year yield 4.938%, -2.3 basis points
- 5 year yield 4.396%, -4.3 basis points
- 10 year yield 4.274%, -3.4 basis points
- 30 year yield 4.401%, -1.1 basis points
looking at other markets:
- Crude oil is down $0.85 or -1.06% and $79.54. The low price comes in at $79.02. There is decent support at the $79 level.
- Gold is up $1.63 or 0.09% at $1891.24
- Silver is down $0.02 or -0.11% at $22.65
- Bitcoin is trading at $26,322. The low price reached $26,172 which is the lowest level going back to June 19
The JPY remains the strongest of the major currencies while the CHF is the weakest.