Comments from the Minneapolis Fed President
- Next 3, 6 and 9 months will be very important on finding clarity on the economic outlook
- Right now there is a lot of uncertainty
- Whether it's a demand shock or a supply shock, the story should be temporary
Kashkari is a voter in 2023 and a dove. That year is going to be pivotal in terms of how far the FOMC is willing to push up rates. While I sympathize with the uncertainty in the next few months, it would be nice to see them lay out a coherent strategy.
- Future outlook for inflation depends in pat on what will happen with labor supply
- Says he has an open mind on the stance of monetary policy