A preview of the Nonfarm payroll data due from the US at 1230GMT, in the '5 things' format
This is a nice, succinct way of looking at the data from the Wall Street Journal. And... for more detail, its ungated
1. August's result was the second-weakest this year ... a blip or the start of an extended slowdown?
2. The prime age workforce is shrinking ... where are they?
3. While jobs are growing, wage growth is slow ... an acceleration in this would indicate a reduction in labor market slack
4. Underemployment .... involuntary part-time workers (those who want more hours and/or full-time jobs) is a Federal Reserve concern
5. Where are the jobs - employment by industry sector will give a more nuanced view of the US economy
You want more?