A rundown on the China trade talk headlines - crazy ain't in it
Read these headlines from the bottom up for the chronology:
- Fox reports that yes, Chinese Trade Team will leave after one day of talks on Thursday
- White House says reports of one day trade talks are incorrect
- Trade talks latest - no progress, talks cut short. here is what's next.
- ICYMI - bad news on US/China trade talks prompting risk off moves
- HK press says US-China talks are expected to last for only one day! No progress made.
AUD/JPY is a good barometer for tracking "risk", it swing on the conflicting headlines, down for leaving early, up for not:. I've annotated it roughly, 1 for the iinitial report, 2 for the White House denial, 3 for the Fox confirmation:
Where to from here? yeah, good question!