Australian monthly jobs report (for August) today - preview
August labour market employment report from Australia due at 0130GMT on Thursday 13 September 2018
- Employment Change: expected +18.0K, prior -3.9K
- Unemployment Rate: expected 5.3%, prior 5.3%
- Full Time Employment Change: prior was +19.3K
- Part Time Employment Change: prior was -23.2K
- Participation Rate: 65.6% expected, prior was 65.5%
- We expect a solid rise in employment in August after the 4k fall in July. ANZ Job Ads growth has slowed, and business conditions have edged lower from very buoyant levels, however both still point to ongoing expansion in employment growth.
- Further weakness in job ads or a sharp deterioration in business conditions would be concerning. We look for a rise of 20k and an unchanged unemployment rate of 5.3%.
Earlier preview, TD is way below consensus, check out their reasoning here
- Australian monthly jobs report is due Thursday 12 September 2018 - preview