China property prices for April
- Beijing new home prices +16.0 pct y/y (March +19.0 pct)
- Beijing new home prices +0.2 pct m/m (vs +0.4 pct prev month)
- Shanghai new home prices +13.2 pct y/y (March +16.8 pct)
- Shanghai new home prices -0.1 pct m/m (vs -0.1 pct prev month)
- Shenzhen new home prices unchanged m/m (vs -0.3 pct prev month)
- Shenzhen new home prices +6.6 pct y/y (vs +9.1 pct prev month)
All China April new home prices +10.7 pct y/y (March +11.3 pct) - Reuters calculation
- All China April new home prices +0.7 pct m/m (vs +0.6 pct prev month) - Reuters calculation
- New home prices rose in 58 cities (62 in March)
For existing home prices in April
- Beijing unchanged m/m, +22.5% y/y
- Shanghai +0.8% m/m & +14.2% y/y
China is taking measures to combat leverage and rapid growth in property prices. Still work to do if you look at these results.
The thing is, authorities are wary that clamping down too hard risks economic growth, especially with the National Congress coming up in November. So, they've a fine line to tread.
Check this out (down the bottom of the post)